PETHS NEWS

“Truth In Every Stream”

Gunmen Abduct Principal, NECO Official, Students in Kogi

The Kogi State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of a school principal, a National Examinations Council ad hoc official, and four students at Government Secondary School, Odo-Ekina, in Dekina…

The Kogi State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of a school principal, a National Examinations Council ad hoc official, and four students at Government Secondary School, Odo-Ekina, in Dekina Local Government Area of the state. The attack occurred at about 5:25 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2026, while the students were sitting for the ongoing NECO examination. In a statement issued on Wednesday, the command’s spokesperson, ASP Salisu Oyiza, said the attackers invaded the school and took away six people, including the principal, the examination official, and four students. According to PUNCH reports, the police said a combined team of security agencies immediately launched a search-and-rescue operation and began tracking the assailants. One of the abducted students has since been rescued, while efforts are ongoing to free the remaining five victims and arrest those responsible for the attack. The Commissioner of Police in Kogi State, Naziru Kankarofi, alongside the Brigade Commander and the state security adviser, was expected to visit the scene for an on-the-spot assessment. The police said further information would be released as soon as additional details about the incident had been verified.