PETHS NEWS

“Truth In Every Stream”

US Launches Fresh Strikes on Iran Over Deadly Attack on American Troops in Jordan

The United States has carried out another round of military strikes against Iranian targets, including forces accused of launching an attack in Jordan that killed two American service members and…

The United States has carried out another round of military strikes against Iranian targets, including forces accused of launching an attack in Jordan that killed two American service members and left another missing.

The latest operation marks the eighth consecutive night of US strikes against Iranian military positions, further threatening the fragile ceasefire reached between Washington and Tehran in June.

In a statement posted on X, the United States Central Command said its forces struck Iranian coastal surveillance installations, air defence systems, maritime assets, and storage facilities containing missiles and drones.

CENTCOM said the operation was intended to weaken Iran’s military capacity and prevent further attacks against American personnel and commercial vessels operating around the Strait of Hormuz.

The command also confirmed that forces belonging to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps were targeted over their alleged involvement in the July 17 attack on US service members in Jordan.

According to a report by CNBC, President Donald Trump authorized the renewed air campaign beginning at 6 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday. The operation was ordered to reduce Iran’s ability to threaten commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz and retaliate against those responsible for the Jordan attack.

The military escalation has raised renewed concerns about the security of the Strait of Hormuz, a strategically important waterway through which a significant share of the world’s oil supplies is transported.

Meanwhile, the US Embassy in Amman issued a security warning on Sunday, claiming that Jordanian authorities had evacuated the international airport and seaport in Aqaba following what it described as a “specific and credible threat.”

Jordanian officials, however, rejected reports that the facilities had been evacuated.

Government spokesperson Mohammad Al-Momani said relevant security agencies had not recorded any immediate threat and maintained that Aqaba’s airport and seaport remained open and operating normally.

The conflicting statements added to uncertainty across the region as tensions between the United States and Iran continued to intensify.

Iran’s Deputy Foreign Minister, Kazem Gharibabadi, announced on Saturday that Tehran had suspended its obligations under a memorandum of understanding signed with Washington in June.

The decision, combined with the renewed American strikes, has cast further doubt on the survival of the truce and increased fears of another prolonged confrontation between the two countries.