
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspects and recovered an AK-47 rifle, a Beretta pistol, locally made guns, and other dangerous weapons in two separate security operations across the state.
Commissioner of Police Felix Ohagwu disclosed this during a press briefing on recent security developments and operational successes recorded by the command. In the first operation, police arrested three suspected members of an interstate armed robbery syndicate allegedly linked to violent attacks in Ondo and Lagos states. The suspects were identified as Promise Daniel, 34; Ifeanyi Umahi, 29; and Adaramoye Abayomi, 37.
According to the command, the suspects were arrested on Saturday, July 18, 2026, following an intelligence-led operation connected to an armed robbery case reported on June 14 at the Iju Police Division in Ita-Ogbolu, Akure North Local Government Area. Police operatives reportedly intercepted the suspects while they were traveling in an ash-coloured Mercedes-Benz ML 350 sport utility vehicle. A search of the vehicle led to the recovery of an AK-47 rifle, a magazine containing 18 rounds of live ammunition, and an English-made Beretta pistol loaded with four rounds. Other items recovered included an axe and an iron cutter.
The Ondo State Police Command said preliminary investigations indicated that the suspects belonged to a robbery syndicate that had been on its watchlist over alleged involvement in a series of violent crimes. The police added that information obtained from the suspects was assisting investigators in tracking other members of the group who remained at large and determining the extent of the syndicate’s activities. Seven Arrested Over Kajola Land Dispute. In a separate operation, the command arrested seven people after intervening in a violent land dispute at Adegbiji farmland, near Kajola.
The incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 18.Police said the dispute involved Akinsulu Titus and Ajani Abiodun, both from Ayetoro, near Kajola, who were already parties to a land case pending before the High Court in Ore.According to preliminary findings, the two parties arrived at the disputed farmland with groups of supporters, including commercial motorcycle riders.Three individuals alleged to be soldiers were also said to have accompanied the groups but fled before the arrival of police operatives.The disagreement reportedly began over the alleged destruction of palm trees and other economic crops before escalating into violence.Both p
apprehendto help prevent ,labeled Dispute. In incipal parties sustained injuries during the confrontation, while their clothes were reportedly torn.Police operatives were deployed to the scene and restored calm. A yellow bag recovered at the location contained two locally made guns, two cutlasses, suspected charms, a rubber container carrying a liquid labelled “acid” and other dangerous weapons.The case has been transferred to the Command Surveillance Squad in Akure for further investigation.Ohagwu warned residents against resorting to violence or taking the law into their own hands, particularly in civil disputes already pending before the courts.He assured residents that investigations into both cases would be conducted thoroughly and that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with the law.The commissioner also urged members of the public to remain vigilant and provide the police and other security agencies with credible information that could assist in preventing crime and apprehending suspects.
