PETHS NEWS

“Truth In Every Stream”

News

  • VDM Opens Up on Controversies

    VDM Opens Up on Controversies

    Nigerian social media personality Martins Vincent Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, has rejected the description of himself as an activist, saying he prefers to be regarded as an “online police officer” committed to promoting accountability. Speaking during an interview on ARISE 360 on Wednesday, VeryDarkMan said his interventions on social media were aimed at drawing…

    read more

  • EFCC Freezes Osun Government Account Over Alleged ₦11bn Fund Diversion

    EFCC Freezes Osun Government Account Over Alleged ₦11bn Fund Diversion

    OSOGBO — The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed placing a restriction on an Osun State Government bank account over an investigation into the alleged diversion of about ₦11 billion in public funds. The anti-graft agency said the investigation covers ecology funds, intervention funds and allocations received by the state from the Federation Account…

    read more

  • Court Declares Arobo APC Candidate for Ondo Reps Seat

    Court Declares Arobo APC Candidate for Ondo Reps Seat

    ABUJA — The Federal High Court in Abuja has declared Abdulghani Arobo the valid candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the Owo/Ose Federal Constituency election in Ondo State. In a judgment delivered on Wednesday, Justice Peter Lifu ruled that Arobo lawfully won the APC primary election conducted on May 16, 2026. The court held…

    read more

  • Osun Election Tension Rises Ahead of August 15 Poll

    Osun Election Tension Rises Ahead of August 15 Poll

    OSOGBO, Nigeria — Political activities are intensifying across Osun State as candidates and their supporters step up campaigns ahead of the governorship election scheduled for August 15, 2026. The Independent National Electoral Commission has confirmed that 14 candidates will contest the election. Governor Ademola Adeleke is seeking a second term on the platform of the…

    read more

  • Nigerian Embassy Opens Second Passport Exercise in Manila

    Nigerian Embassy Opens Second Passport Exercise in Manila

    MANILA, Philippines — The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in Manila has announced the commencement of the second batch of its 2026 Passport Intervention Exercise for Nigerians residing in the Philippines. According to a public notice shared on the embassy’s official Facebook page, the application exercise opened on August 3 and will close…

    read more

  • Trump Claims Iran Talks, Tehran Denies Meeting

    Trump Claims Iran Talks, Tehran Denies Meeting

    WASHINGTON/TEHRAN — United States President Donald Trump said on Monday that diplomatic efforts were underway to resolve the escalating confrontation with Iran, but Tehran denied that any direct negotiations or formal meeting with Washington had been scheduled. Trump described the latest diplomatic initiative as Iran’s “last chance” to secure an agreement and avoid further US…

    read more

  • Team Nigeria Wins 24 Medals, Emerges Africa’s Best at Glasgow 2026

    Team Nigeria Wins 24 Medals, Emerges Africa’s Best at Glasgow 2026

    Team Nigeria concluded its campaign at the 2026 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow with 24 medals, finishing seventh overall and emerging as the highest-ranked African country on the final medal table. Nigeria secured 10 gold, seven silver and seven bronze medals across athletics, para-athletics, weightlifting, para-powerlifting and judo. The performance placed the country behind Australia, England,…

    read more

  • 2027 Poll: INEC’s Publication of Candidates’ Credentials Sparks Fresh Debate

    2027 Poll: INEC’s Publication of Candidates’ Credentials Sparks Fresh Debate

    The publication of the personal particulars and academic credentials submitted by candidates for Nigeria’s 2027 presidential election has generated fresh political debate, particularly over President Bola Tinubu’s educational records. The Independent National Electoral Commission displayed the documents submitted by 19 presidential candidates and their running mates as part of the nomination process. The records are…

    read more

  • Usher’s Playful Cherry Moment With Female Fan Goes Viral

    Usher’s Playful Cherry Moment With Female Fan Goes Viral

    American R&B star Usher has attracted widespread attention online after a playful interaction with a female fan during one of his concerts in London. The singer approached the woman, identified as Chicago-based theatre director Jimalita Tillman, and personally fed her cherries while maintaining close eye contact. The moment drew loud reactions from the audience and…

    read more

  • Tinubu–Catholic Bishops Meeting Sparks Dispute as Presidency Faults Onaiyekan’s Disclosure

    Tinubu–Catholic Bishops Meeting Sparks Dispute as Presidency Faults Onaiyekan’s Disclosure

    A disagreement has emerged between the Presidency and Cardinal John Onaiyekan following the cleric’s public account of a meeting between President Bola Tinubu and leaders of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria. President Tinubu received a 20-member delegation of the bishops at the State House in Abuja on July 28, 2026. During the meeting, the…

    read more

  • Osun Governorship Debate Cancelled Over Security Concerns, Candidates’ Absence

    Osun Governorship Debate Cancelled Over Security Concerns, Candidates’ Absence

    A governorship debate organised ahead of the August 15, 2026, Osun State election was cancelled on Saturday after organisers cited security concerns and the reluctance of some leading candidates to participate. The event, jointly organised by Uniq FM, Rave FM, Diamond FM and Fresh FM, was scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. in Osogbo. It…

    read more

  • US Condemns Kaduna Village Attack, Urges Action Against Middle Belt Violence

    US Condemns Kaduna Village Attack, Urges Action Against Middle Belt Violence

    The United States has condemned the deadly attack on a village in Kaduna State, which reportedly left at least 30 people dead, including children. The condemnation was contained in a statement published on the official Facebook page of the United States Department of State. According to the statement, the attack occurred during the early hours…

    read more

  • Over 48,000 Migrants Return to Morocco After Mass Crossing into Spain’s Ceuta

    Over 48,000 Migrants Return to Morocco After Mass Crossing into Spain’s Ceuta

    More than 48,000 migrants have returned to Morocco after an unprecedented influx saw about 50,000 people cross into Spain’s North African territory of Ceuta within 24 hours. Spain’s Interior Ministry said approximately 48,300 migrants had voluntarily crossed back into Morocco by Friday evening, with hundreds more continuing to leave the Spanish enclave. Local authorities, however,…

    read more

  • Sinach Wins ‘Way Maker’ Ownership Battle as Court Throws Out ₦5bn Claim

    Sinach Wins ‘Way Maker’ Ownership Battle as Court Throws Out ₦5bn Claim

    A Federal High Court in Lagos has rejected a music producer’s claim to co-authorship of the globally acclaimed worship song, ruling that technical production assistance does not automatically confer copyright ownership. The Federal High Court in Lagos has dismissed a ₦5 billion copyright infringement lawsuit filed against Nigerian gospel singer Sinach over her international hit…

    read more

  • Tinubu Says Government Rejected Ransom, Prisoner-Swap Demands in Oriire Abduction

    President Bola Tinubu says the Federal Government refused to pay ransom or release detained members of a criminal group before 44 pupils and teachers abducted from schools in Oyo State regained their freedom. ABUJA, Nigeria — President Bola Tinubu has disclosed that the abductors of pupils and teachers in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo…

    read more