News
-
Iran Attacks Tankers, US Facilities as Hormuz Crisis Escalates.
Tensions across the Middle East have intensified after Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed responsibility for operations against two oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, while Iranian drones targeted United States military facilities in Kuwait. Reuters reported on Friday, July 31, that Iranian forces stopped two vessels attempting to navigate the strategic waterway, while…
-
US Moves Routine Visa Processing from Abuja to Lagos from August 1
The United States says the restructuring is intended to centralise visa screening, strengthen security checks and improve efficiency across its diplomatic missions in Africa. ABUJA, Nigeria — The United States Department of State has announced that routine visa processing at its embassy in Abuja will be transferred to the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos, effective…
-
Nigeria Destroys 2,819 Illicit Firearms in Security Crackdown
The Federal Government says more than 19,000 weapons have now been permanently destroyed since the establishment of the national arms-control agency in 2021. Nigerian authorities have destroyed 2,819 illicit, obsolete and decommissioned firearms as part of efforts to prevent recovered weapons from returning to circulation and fuelling violent crime across the country. The weapons were…
-
Peter Obi Alleges Selective Enforcement After Airport Vehicle Clamp
Former Anambra State governor and Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has accused airport authorities of applying parking regulations selectively after his vehicle was clamped for allegedly being improperly parked. Speaking during an interview on Real Broadcasting Network, Obi said he was informed that the vehicle had been clamped because it was parked in the…
-
Oyo Abduction: Freed Teacher Claims Kidnappers Released Victims Before Security Escort
Teacher who spent 56 days in captivity following the abduction of pupils and school workers in Oyo State has claimed that their kidnappers released them from the forest before security personnel escorted them home. The teacher, Zacchaeus Olatunde, said the captives were blindfolded throughout their ordeal and subjected to difficult living conditions. According to an…
-
Ondo Police Arrest 10 Suspects, Recover AK-47, Guns in Separate Operations
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested 10 suspects and recovered an AK-47 rifle, a Beretta pistol, locally made guns, and other dangerous weapons in two separate security operations across the state. Commissioner of Police Felix Ohagwu disclosed this during a press briefing on recent security developments and operational successes recorded by the command. In…
-
Oyinkansola Badejo-Okusanya Wins NBA Presidential Election
Oyinkansola Badejo-Okusanya, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, has emerged as President-elect of the Nigerian Bar Association following the conclusion of the association’s 2026 election. Her victory makes her the second woman in the history of the NBA to occupy the organisation’s highest leadership position. Badejo-Okusanya received 12,317 votes, accounting for 47.18 percent of the 26,106…
-
Court Orders Final Forfeiture of 52 Lagos Properties
The Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, has ordered the final forfeiture of 52 terrace and maisonette units located in the Lekki area of the state. Justice Alexandra Owoeye issued the order on Wednesday, July 15, 2026, after granting an application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. The affected properties are situated…
-
Terrorists Release Proof of Life Video of 36 Abducted Borno Students.
The Borno State Government has confirmed receiving a proof-of-life video showing 36 students abducted by terrorists from Government Day Secondary School, Lassa, in Askira/Uba Local Government Area. The students, comprising 25 girls and 11 boys, were kidnapped on June 29 during attacks on communities in the Lassa axis of the state. Borno State Commissioner for…
-
₦210tn Discrepancy: Lawyer Accuses Senate of Weak Oversight of NNPC.
Legal practitioner Liborous Oshoma has criticized the handling of alleged financial discrepancies involving the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, describing the national oil company as an institution increasingly treated as the Federal Government’s “ATM.” Oshoma spoke during an interview on the Arise News Morning Show on Saturday, questioning the financial relationship between the Federal Government…
-
Supreme Court Orders Final Forfeiture of Emefiele-Linked Assets, $2.045m
The Supreme Court on Friday affirmed the final forfeiture of seven properties, $2.045 million, and share certificates linked to former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor Godwin Emefiele to the Federal Government. In a unanimous judgment, a five-member panel led by Justice Ibrahim Saulawa overturned the Court of Appeal’s earlier decision and restored the forfeiture order…
-
CAC Begins Process to Strike Off 100,000 Companies
The Corporate Affairs Commission has commenced the process of removing 100,000 companies from its official register over their failure to meet statutory filing requirements. The commission announced the development in a public notice titled “Intention to Strike Off Companies from the Register — Batch 6,” dated July 15, 2026. According to the CAC, the action…
-
Gunmen Abduct Principal, NECO Official, Students in Kogi
The Kogi State Police Command has confirmed the abduction of a school principal, a National Examinations Council ad hoc official, and four students at Government Secondary School, Odo-Ekina, in Dekina Local Government Area of the state. The attack occurred at about 5:25 p.m. on Tuesday, July 14, 2026, while the students were sitting for the…
-
Police Arrest Self-Styled Presidential Council DG in Osun
The Nigeria Police Force has arrested Adeniyi Adeyemi, the self-proclaimed Director-General of the Presidential Foreign Investment Promotion Council, in Osun State following a bench warrant issued by the Federal High Court in Abuja. Adeyemi was reportedly apprehended at a hideout in Osun by operatives of the Intelligence Response Team from Abuja, hours after the court…
-
Trump Orders US Flags Lowered to Honour Lindsey Graham
United States President Donald Trump has ordered American flags to be flown at half-staff nationwide in honour of the late Republican Senator Lindsey Graham. Trump directed that the flags remain lowered until 6 p.m. on Saturday, July 18, as a mark of respect for the South Carolina senator, who died on Saturday at the age…














